Saturday, April 19, 2008

Sleepy Saturday

Sloane & Danny -- Senior Prom 2008

I had quite the night. I picked up Sloane and Danny after Prom around 12:00 midnight and took the to the “After Prom” function. Sloane was not feeling very good. She really stressed her vocal chords at the concert on Thursday night. Anyway, I dropped them off and told Danny to call me if Sloane got worse. Well, around 2:00 a.m., my cell phone rang, Sloane was MUCH worse. I managed to get from my house to where they were in seven minutes (usually a 25 minute drive). I took Sloane to the emergency room. Danny went with us. She has a severally strained vocal chord, a bad virus, and was severely dehydrated. They pumped her full of meds and fluid. We left there at 6:00 a.m. Then, I took Danny home. We just walked in the door (7:00 a.m.). I am EXHAUSTED. Sloane is feeling a bit better after having some meds and fluids. She is on complete bed rest for the weekend. Yawn....me sleepy! Gonna grab a kitty or two or three or four or five....and take a nap! zzzzzzzzz

8 comments:

Shaggy and Scout said...

What a pretty Prom picture, but we guarantee the trip to the hospital will be her memory at the 20 year reunion!
Rest with cats is a perfect prescription!

Jans Funny Farm said...

Oh, no! What a terrible end to Sloane and Danny's prom. (You are tired. You called them "Sloane and Daddy.") We hope she is okay and will follow the doctor's advice - bed rest for the weekend!

Daisy said...

Sloane and Danny are such a good-looking couple! I love her beautiful dress. I sure hope Sloane feels better soon.

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Jan: Wow...you are so right! I changed it to "Sloane & Danny"!! Thanks for the tip! zzzzzzzzz.....must have been typing in my sleep! :)

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

When you wake up from your nap and have checked on the pretty teenbean...come and see another Peach in a almost sweater today!

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

We are sad that Sloane had to get sick and go to the hospital on her prom night. That really sucks. We hope she feels better really soon! Bye the way, what is a prom? Can kitties go to them too? We guess we will have to ask mommy ... hee hee!
Purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina, Sam and Simon

Liss said...

what nice naps! Fatty is jealous. Thanks for visiting the blog.

Love,
Liss
http://pursnsnorts.blogspot.com

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

What a nice couple they are!
Hope Sloane is much better by now.